Uncompromising, in Antistatic's case, describes a commitment to building on familiar mechanics. If it's in Melee, it's probably here. For peace of mind, though, here's most of what to expect:
- Lag-canceling: 66% landing lag
- Wave dashing; air dodges send into free fall
- Moonwalking, charlie walking
- Ledge mechanics, including 100%+ animations
- Grabs, throws
- Shields, light shields, shield dropping
- Wall jumps
- Powershield, parry (see guide)
- Crouch canceling (nerfed), ASDI down
- Aerials, charge moves, tilts, etc
Some new mechanics include:
- Energy system: shields, specials, and holds consume energy; no more mashing
- Stale DI: certain moves that hit upward (up throws, etc) can be DIed further sideways as they become more stale
- Shield stun tweaked: lasts longer, but heavy shield stun transitions into light shield stun, which allows rolls and dodges
Officially supports GameCube (via USB Wii U/Switch adapter, native mode), 360/XB1 (and compatible), PS4, and keyboard (keyboard is not recommended).
Button/key rebinding is in progress. Basic rebinding is available, more in the guide.
If you can already use GCN controllers in Dolphin, it should work in Antistatic too. In the future, this process might be an automated option.